- 2 Kanzi® apples
- 10g fresh mint
- 125g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 50g butter
- 1 egg
- 150ml milk
- 100ml maple syrup
Serve: 2 serves
Preparation: 30 minutes
- Peel two of the Kanzi® apples and remove the core with a corer. Cut the apples horizontally in thin slices to form rings.
- Remove the mint leaves from the sprigs. Keep a few good leaves for later and cut the rest into thin strips.
- Sieve the self-raising flour, baking powder, salt and sugar into a mixing bowl.
- Melt the butter on a low heat. Make sure that it doesn’t become too hot.
- Mix the egg, half of the butter and 100ml of the milk with the flour. Stir with a large spoon until it becomes a thick batter. Flatten any lumps against the side of the bowl with the spoon. Stir in the rest of the milk.
- Melt a little bit of the remaining butter in a frying pan and add three dollops of the batter. Shape them with the convex side of the spoon into discs of approx. 8 – 10cm. Push an apple ring into the batter. Cook the pancakes for 5 min. turning them half way through. Continue until all the batter has been used up. If required, you can keep the cooked pancakes warm at approx. 80°C.
- Pile the pancakes up on plates with the Kanzi® slices between them. Pour maple syrup over the piles and garnish them with the mint leaves you held back.