- FOR THE BRITTLE:
- 1/2 teaspoon of oil
- 40 g sugar
- 40 g pistachios
- FOR THE LEMON RICOTTA:
- one thin piece (approx. 4 inches) of an organic lemon peel
- 80 ml lemon juice
- 50 g sugar
- 250 g of ricotta
- 3 large Kanzi® apples (approx. 200-220 g)
- 80 g sugar
- 2 tablespoons of grappa
- 80 ml apple juice
- For the brittle, brush a piece of aluminum foil with oil. Sprinkle the sugar evenly in a medium saucepan and melt (caramelize) over medium heat until golden brown. Stir in hacked pistachios, spread the mixture onto the aluminum foil, and allow it to cool.
- For the lemon ricotta, cut the lemon peel into tiny cubes. Stir together the lemon juice and sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the lemon peel and allow it to cook on medium heat for about 12 minutes until it bubbles over, stirring occasionally. Pour syrup into a bowl and let cool it until it is lukewarm. Stir in the ricotta and leave it to chill.
- Peel the apples, cut into quarters and remove seeds. Cut each quarter into 3 slices. Sprinkle the sugar evenly in a broad saucepan and melt (caramelize) it over medium heat until golden brown. Deglaze the mixture with grappa. Add juice and bring to a boil. Add the apple slices; let it simmer without a lid for approx. 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Distribute the apples onto dessert plates, adding a little lemon ricotta on top or to the side of each one. Coarsely chop the pistachio brittle and sprinkle on top. If desired, garnish with lemon verbena or lemon balm.