- 2 Kanzi® apples
- 50 grams butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 150 grams puff pastry
- vanilla ice cream
There’s only one thing that smells better than the scent of bread in the oven: the scent of a home-made Kanzi® cake.
Warning: with this recipe your guests will never want to leave…
- Core the Kanzi® apples and slice them.
- Heat the butter, the sugar and the cinnamon in a cast iron frying pan.
- Then arrange the Kanzi® slices in a circle in the frying pan.
- Let the apple slices fry for approx. 2 minutes without turning.
- Then cover the Kanzi® slices with puff pastry and place the frying pan in a preheated oven (180 °C).
- After approx. 10 minutes, the puff pastry will have a nice golden brown colour, and you will be able to remove it from the oven.
- Cover with a plate and flip over.
- Serve with a large scoop of vanilla ice cream.
After frying the Kanzi® slices, you can also transfer them to an oven dish.
Cover with puff pastry and place the oven dish in the oven.
Make sure to place the fried side of the apple slices on the bottom of the oven dish, because you will be tipping over the cake onto a dish after baking it.
Preparation & cook time: ca. 2 hours