- 4 Kanzi® apples
- 125g butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 125g caster sugar
- 150g flour, sieved
- 75g almond flour
- 1 sachet vanilla sugar
- 10g baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 150g apricot jam
Preparation: 45 minutes
Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Peel and quarter the Kanzi® apples. Remove the cores. Stick a cocktail stick through the narrow edge of the apple quarters. Cut slices in the wide part of the quarters up to just by the cocktail stick so that they are still held together at the narrow edge.
- Grease the springform cake tin with some butter.
- Mix the eggs with the caster sugar for 5 min. to form a light-yellow cream.
- Sieve the flour with the almond flour, vanilla sugar, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
- Use a spatula to mix the flour mixture and the melted butter with the egg mixture until the batter is thick and smooth. Pour the batter into a springform cake tin.
- Push the apple quarters into the batter.
- Bake the pie in a preheated oven at 160°C for approx. 50 min. until golden brown and done. Allow to cool for 10 min.
- Force the jam through the sieve with a spoon. Cover the top of the pie with the jam.