- 2 Kanzi® apples
- 200g wholemeal wheat (or spelt) flour
- 75g brown sugar
- 150g rolled oats
- 10g baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 100g butter
- 300ml buttermilk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 75g hazelnuts
For 8 muffins
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking: 35 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Peel the Kanzi® apples and cut them into 1.5cm blocks.
- Take a bowl and mix together the wholewheat flour, brown sugar, rolled oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Melt the butter at a low heat and stir in the buttermilk and eggs.
- Set a quarter of the apple blocks and 25g hazelnuts apart.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients with the rest of the apple blocks and 50g of the hazelnuts in a bowl until it forms a stiff batter.
- Fill each muffin mould with two spoonfuls to just under the edge. Push the remaining apple blocks and hazelnuts into the top of the muffins.
- Bake the muffins for approx. 35 min. in the middle of the oven. Check whether they are ready with a bamboo skewer. If the skewer comes out dry, the muffins are ready. Allow the muffins to cool down for 10 min. before removing them carefully from the mould.
Tip: Delicious with crème fraîche and honey.